Six Reasons To Mobilize Your Business
You’re Missing Customers Without a Mobile Website
1. There is a Revolution taking place and all one has to do is look around to see it. Just observe how many people are talking on smart phones such as the i-Phone and Android. It was reported that for December 24th and 25th, 2011 there were 6.8 million activations of i-Phones and Androids. It is said that there are 5.2 billion mobile phones out there.
This means there is a giant shift taking place in regards to how people access the Internet. The desktop computer is losing share to these mobile devices, the smart phone and tablets.
If you do not have a website or you have a desktop version only you are losing potential customers because of what I will talk about next.
2. I find it to be annoying to surf on your phone to a website and have that website be the desktop version. When it loads (slowly) it comes up in tiny mode. You know what I mean.
Sure, you can enlarge it but you will then have to scroll forever to get to the information that you seek.
Most people are so used to immediate information that they are not going to have the patience to stay at that site.
You can see an example below of what a desktop website looks like on a phone versus a mobile version of that site.
I am not knocking the desktop version by any means because I created it and the mobile version. Businesses need to adapt to the format that people are using to surf and search or those same people will not stay at their website.
Some say that it is better to have an app created for your business. While apps are great, but they do have some limitations. You will need to have an app built for all of the platforms that you want to connect. Apps have to be installed and with so many apps how are people going to find yours. Every phone automatically comes with a browser which the stats show is used more than apps by most smart phone users. Your mobile website is just a tap away for your potential customers.
3. This next reason for having a mobile site is you can start using QR Codes in your marketing. The really cool thing is that we can generate a QR Code for any of your pages.
So, what is a QR code and what do you do with it?
QR Code means Quick Response Code. It enables anyone with a Smart Phone to scan these codes and immediately be taken to the website in the Code.
How To Use a QR Code
If you are ready go ahead a take a picture of the code and you will see that it sends you to a site for Rio Grande Center For Spiritual Living. Check out the Layout. You can go back by clicking on the arrow at the top left corner. You can go forward by clicking the arrow at the right of the menu items.
You can use the QR Codes on flyers, on desktop websites, on a business card, on a sign or anywhere offline that you want. Some people have T-Shirts made, place one on your storefront door or window so that people can scan it after hours. The QR Codes are to be placed anywhere but on your actual mobile site.
4. This reason for having a mobile website is something that most people don’t know.The search engines index mobile websites separately from non-mobile sites. As with most things, the earlier you get a mobile site the better chance you have to get a high ranking and secure a highly visible spot when someone searches. One of the ways the search gives weight is how old the website is. This will apply to mobile sites, too.
But, it goes beyond just having your site set up early. As the website is created Search Engine Optimization needs to be done on each page of your site in order to help the search engines find your information. When we create your mobile site we do SEO for you so you do not have to worry about it.
Here are a few Examples of The Work
5. Here is what you need to look for when having a mobile site built. You want a full range of options for your site. Even if you do not have a desktop website, it is not too late to create a powerful presence on the Internet with a mobile site. We host, design and maintain your mobile website so that you can focus on your business. Below are some of the features that we have for your mobile website.
|Fully Customizable Layouts – we can customize to your specifications.|
|Multi-level Navigation Menus|
|Customizable Contact Form|
|Customizable Opt-in Forms – You give us your Autoresponder code and we create the form|
|Opening Hours/Product Lists/Restaurant Menus|
|Unlimited Customizable Themes|
|Automatic Screen Resizing|
|QR Code Generator – each page has its own QR code.|
|Customizable Tap To Call and Tap To SMS Text Buttons – people can call you by just tapping your number that is on the page|
|Custom Coupons that can be set to auto expire|
6. Finally the last reason to have us create your mobile website is actually two reasons.
- If you have a desktop website we can provide a script that will sense when someone is using a smart phone and it will switch to your new mobile site, automatically.
- We will also create a local listing in Google Places for you, which will help you get local visitors to your new site.
Make it a Great Day!